Saturday, March 3, 2012

relaxing but a hiccup

Noah has finally got back to school and I have had two lectures at Massey and can feel my stress levels dropping (and the eczema on my legs slowly healing).
I had to give the school quite a lot of instructions about Noah's toileting including the fact that he gets a severe 'nappy rash like' skin condition if not carefully wiped with wet wipes and having thick cream applied (thanks Beth for sending all the calmoseptine cream you found in Sydney as it's not available in NZ) I wonder what the regulations are about having teacher aides go this close to a child's butt - I'm sure it wouldn't be allowed in UK and I am pleased we no longer have to discuss behaviour like this with social workers as we have allowed our foster care approval to lapse.
I felt relaxed enough that I decided to finalise arrangements for the holiday we had booked even before any of this happened in December - Paul is going to a conference in Liverpool and as this coincides with Noah's 13th birthday and the end of exams for me we decided to accompany him and then go on to see relatives in North Wales. Hannah will look after Isaac for us in NZ.
We have now booked the Rasa Sentosa resort for 3 days on the way out, Staybridge suites in Liverpool for the conference and the beach house in Prestatyn from 30th June to July 6th when we fly back to NZ.

Should have known this was a little overoptimistic for no sooner had cheques been written and credit card details posted then Noah had a prolapsed rectum.
Paul was giving him a bowel washout (330ml saline as an enema) and as Noah then sat on the toilet he said "Oswald is back" _Oswald was the naughty prolapsing ileostomy stoma.
About 6cm of rectum had prolapsed which Paul was luckily able to easily reduce, but we will now have to email the surgeon again and presumably avoid enemas. At least we know the botox will wear off with time and not allow his rectum to just drop out!

I am not looking forward to having to tell his teacher aides about this issue they may have!

No comments: